The Iowa Children's Choice Awards (ICCA) Program is a recreational reading program for the elementary school students at Calamus-Wheatland Elementary. All 4th, 5th, & 6th grade students at Cal-Wheat are eligible to participate.
To participate, Cal-Wheat 4th-6th grade students read from the ICCA books listed below. The students have the opportunity to earn up to $30 in books at the March 2019 Scholastic Book Fair. To earn $1.00 credit at the book fair for each ICCA book that is read, the students must:
- Read the book. (Students may read the book themselves or have it read to them,)
- Take a multiple-choice quiz in the library about the book before the spring 2019 book fair.
- Receive at least 70% on the quiz.
- If a student reads 15 or more books on the list and receives at least 70% on the quizzes, a $10 bonus will be awarded to spend at the book fair in addition to the $1 per book earned. There are 20 books on the list.
The books are available in the elementary library and at your local public libraries. In addition, you can read several of the books online from Mackin VIA.
You will need the user name and password from your teacher or MACKIN VIA ebooks.
Iowa Children's Choice Award Books 2018 - 2019
Click here to view book trailers for the ICCA books.
Click on the link in the author's name to read a Goodreads review:
- Allie First At Last by Angela Cervantes - Test
- Brave Like My Brother by Marc Nobleman - Test
- The Contract by Derek Jeter - (Available as a MackinVIA ebook) - Test
- Counting Thyme by Melanie Conklin - (Available as a Mackin VIA audiobook and as an ebook) Test
- The Distance to Home by Jenn Bishop (Available as a Mackin VIA ebook) - Test
- Garvey's Choice by Nikki Grimes (Available as a Mackin VIA ebook) - Test
- Liberty by Kirby Larson (Available as a Mackin VIA audiobook) - Test
- Map Trap by Andrew Clements (Available as a Mackin VIA ebook and audiobook) - Test
- Masterminds by Gordon Korman (Available as a Mackin VIA audiobook) - Test
- A Million Ways Home by Dianna Winget- Test
- Moo by Sharon Creech (Available as a Mackin VIA audiobook) - Test
- Night Gardener by Jonathan Auxier - Test
- Nine, Ten: A September 11 Story by Nora Baskin (Available as a Mackin VIA ebook) Test
- Ranger in Time by Kate Messner - Test
- Sasquatch Escape by Suzanne Selfors (Available as a Mackin VIA ebook and audiobook) Test
- Save Me a Seat by Sarah Weeks (Available as a Mackin VIA audiobook) Test
- Some Kind of Courage by Dan Gemeinhart (Available as a Mackin VIA audiobook) - Test
- Tiger Boy by Mitali Perkins (Available as a Mackin VIA ebook) - Test
- Unidentified Suburban Object by Mike Jung - Test
- Wish by Barbara O'Connor - Test