Read & Write for Google Chrome:
- Search for "Chrome Web Store" or go to this link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions
- Search for "Read&Write for Google Chrome"
- Select +ADD TO CHROME in the blue box
- Add the extension by following the directions given.
What does it do?
- The information in a Google Document can be read to the students
- Copy and Paste information from other resources into a Google Document so it can be read aloud to the students
- Highlight a word in the text and click on the picture dictionary icon for a quick picture of the word
- Highlight a word in the text and click on the dictionary icon for a definition of the word
Digital Content from Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency
Some resources include these features:
- Text-to-speech technology to bridge reading level gaps
- Lexile reading levels accompany periodical articles
- ReadSpeaker technology to listen to audio versions of articles, or download the MP3 file for listening later
- Technology to support a diverse range of languages with on-demand translation of documents
You can type and edit by speaking in Google Docs or in Google Slides speaker notes.
An accessible online library for people with print disabilities
- reading rockets.org: Assistive Technology
- readingrockets.org: Assistive Technology for Kids with Learning Disabilities: An Overview
- readingrockets.org: Universal Design for Learning: Meeting the Needs of All Students
- readingrockets.org: Assistive Technology 101
- understood.org: Tech Finder - Expert-approved apps & games for your child
- Assistive Technology Intervention Plan Form
- Supporting Participation in Typical Classroom Activitiesfor Students with Disabilities Through the Use ofAccommodations, Modifications, and Assistive Technology Solutions