The mission of the Calamus-Wheatland library media program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. This mission is accomplished:
- by providing intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats
- by providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas
- by working with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students.
-- Information Power: Guidelines for School Library Media Programs
- The Media Center is open from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Students wishing to check out materials when library staff is unavailable will need to arrange teacher supervision.
- Two books may be checked out and kept for a standard two-week check-out period. These items can be renewed for an additional two weeks if the student needs additional time.
- If library staff is unavailable to check-out materials, a supervising teacher may authorize the material leaving the library by signing a “Library Material Check-out Slip. If you have overdue materials you may not check out any new materials until the overdue materials are returned.
- Students with overdue materials will be reminded to return them through their school email account.
- Students who have lost or damaged materials have two options before they are eligible for library check-out privileges again:
- Pay for the replacement cost of the item, or
- Donate a comparable replacement of the item. The replacement should be of the same quality and approximate copyright, but does not have to be the same title.
Following simple rules makes everyone’s visit to the library more enjoyable and more productive. Here are the basic rules in the library.
- Respect others’ need to work quietly
- No food or drinks
- Push in your chairs and pick up after yourself before you leave
Any questions may be directed to Mrs. Heilig by phone at 563-374-1292/563-246-2221 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org