The mission of the Calamus-Wheatland library media program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. This mission is accomplished:
- by providing intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats
- by providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas
- by working with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students.
-- Information Power: Guidelines for School Library Media Programs
- The Media Center is open from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Students wishing to check out materials when library staff is unavailable will need to arrange teacher supervision.
- Kindergarten may check out two books for a 6-day check-out period.
- 1st - 6th grade:
- Students may check out books for a 6-day check-out period. Books can be renewed for additional 6-day periods unless another student is waiting to read the book.
- If all books are returned on library day, students may check out up to 4 books for a 6-day check-out period. Books should be returned or renewed on the next library day.
- If student only has one book checked out on library, he/she may choose 1 more book.
- If student still has 2 or more books checked out on library day, he/she will not check any additional books.
- Students who have lost or damaged materials have two options before they are eligible for library check-out privileges again:
- Pay for the replacement cost of the item, or
- Donate a comparable replacement of the item. The replacement should be of the same quality and approximate copyright, but does not have to be the same title.
Following simple rules makes everyone’s visit to the library more enjoyable and more productive. Here are the basic rules in the library.
- Respect others’ need to work quietly
- No food or drinks
- Push in your chairs and pick up after yourself before you leave
Any questions may be directed to Mrs. Heilig by phone at 563-246-222 or by e-mail at email@example.com