Fourth Grade recently completed a science unit about rocks and minerals. To wrap up the unit, the students created "Rockin' ABC" presentations. They found facts related to rocks and minerals for the letters of the alphabet and created a Google slide show.
- Click Here to view Mrs. Selby's Class Rockin' ABC presentations
- Click Here to View Mrs. Hamann's Class Rockin' ABC presentations
Our information and images came from the following sources:
- Encyclopedia Britannica
- Allen, Nancy Kelly. Earth's Rock Cycle. New York: PowerKids, 2009.
- Allen, Nancy Kelly. Granite and Other Igneous Rocks. New York, PowerKids Press, 2009.
- Allen, Nancy Kelly. Identifying Rocks. New York, PowerKids Press, 2009.
- Anderson,Michael. Investigating Minerals, Rocks, and Fossils. New York, Britannica Educational Pub. in association with Rosen Educational Services, 2012.
- Allen, Nancy Kelly. Minerals and Rocks. New York, PowerKids Press, 2009.
- Hoffman, Steven M. Rock Study : a Guide to Looking at Rocks. New York, PowerKids Press, 2011.
- Rau, Dana Meachen. Rocks and Minerals. Ann Arbor, Mich., Cherry Lake Pub., 2009.
- Earth Science World Image Bank
- iClipart for Schools
- Pics 4 Learning